Trout in Chablis Cream
4 trout, cleaned
4 small onions, diced
3 tbsp butter, flaked into small pieces plus a small amount for buttering baking dish
1 cup dry chablis wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp minced dill
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Clean trout (scales, guts, etc.) and put them in a buttered 9" x 13" baking dish.
3. Sprinkle diced onions over the trouts and cover with the flakes of butter.
4. Add chablis and bake the trout in the preheated oven for 25 min. or until firm and cooked through.
5. Remove trout, place them on plates and set aside to keep warm.
6. Pour remaining liquid from baking pan in saucepan. Add cream and reduce liquid to half. flavor with herbs. Taste and salt and pepper if necessary.