8 - 10 ounces beef tenderloin, cleaned and trimmed
Salt and black pepper, coarsely ground
Parmesan cheese, shaved
4 tbsp extra vrgin olive oil
2 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Loosely wrap the fillet in foil or baking parchment and place in the freezer for 10 - 15 min.
2. To make mustard dressing combine oil, salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and chives until well blended. Season to taste.
3. Remove the beef from the freezer and slice as thinly as possible across the grain of the meat.
4. Place the slices between sheets of cling film and using a rolling pin or meat mallet flatten evenly into waferthin slices. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Served beef filets topped with a drizzle of dressing, sprinkle of corse salt and pepper and parmesan shavings.